Founded in 1911 by Fr. Francis Hayden as Assumption High, it was the local parish high school.
The school became city-wide in 1914 and was renamed Topeka Catholic High School.
The school became accredited in 1917 and has remained so ever since.
Following this the school was renamed Capital Catholic High School and,
finally, the school was renamed Hayden High School in honor of its founder in 1939.
The current campus is at 401 SW Gage Blvd in Topeka, KS